Tuesday, December 02, 2008

VSTS Database Project Import Scripts Add-In

Patrick Sirr posted a detailed post about the latest VSTS Database Edition GDR Import Scripts Add-In that is amazing.

In this blog I’ll introduce you to the Import Scripts add-in to the General Distribution Release (GDR) for Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition. With this add-in Visual Studio can import multiple scripts to populate a target database project. I’ve included the source code but, in order to compile the install project you’ll need to install Votive 3.0 (I used 3.0.4707.0).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I always like to try out new stuff...and offcourse I would like to try out this add-in as well....but I see that i need to install Votive 3.0 as well...now the thing is what is Votive 3.0 exactly..I would really appreciate your help..because I am kind of a newbie in all of this...

Ayman Badawi said...

Hi Erik,

Well Votive is the Visual Studio package for WiX that lets you create and build WiX setup projects using the Visual Studio IDE. Votive supports syntax highlighting and IntelliSense for .wxs source files and adds a WiX setup project type to Visual Studio.

You can check it out at http://wix.sourceforge.net/votive.html for the details if needed.