The VSTS Virtual Machines are all updates with fresh bits and expiration dates and now available in 4 different flavors on Microsoft Download Center thanks to Brian Randell
The new Virtual Machines are a VSTS “all-up” image with Team Foundation Server, Team Build, Team Explorer and Team Suite with the latest SP1 installed, and a TFS “only” image with just Team Foundation Server, Team Build and Team Explorer with the latest SP1 installed. But they are produced as Virtual PC 2007/Virtual Server 2005 R2 Compatible images and Hyper-V Compatible images to suite everybody’s needs …
The images are updated with the following:
- The latest Virtual Machine additions or Integration Services Components.
- All of the latest Windows Updates as of December 1, 2008.
- Team Foundation Server 2008 SP1
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite SP1
- Team System Web Access 2008 SP1
- Team Foundation Power Tools, October 2008 Update.
- The latest MSSCCI Provider.
- Team Explorer 2005 (this allows you to work with TFS from Visual Studio 2005 which is installed so that you can edit and customize TFS reports)
- The GDR for the product formally known as Visual Studio 2008 Database Edition (aka Data Dude).
- Current Process Explorer, Process Monitor, and Background Info.
All can be downloaded as follows:
- VSTS “all-up” Virtual PC/Virtual Server image (6 GB download, expands to 15 GB)
- TFS “only” Virtual PC/Virtual Server image (3 GB download, expands to 8 GB)
- VSTS “all-up” Hyper-V image (6 GB download, expands to 15 GB)
- TFS “only” Hyper-V image (3 GB download, expands to 8 GB)