TFSBuildLab 1.0 is released on CodePlex, it is a project to simplify the day to day operations when using automated builds on TFS.
This project handles common Team System issues such as:
- Continuous integration builds
- Scheduled builds
- Build queueing
- Event notifications
- Manual and automated build cleanup
Below is a list of 1.0 features
- Automatic rescheduling when adding new scheduled trigger.
- A report for displaying statistics from the triggers and retention policies.
- Support for overriding build script parameters both for CI and queued builds.
- Support for only deleting the build drops.
- Support for configuring retention policies based on build quality.
- Performance improvements by introducing caching
- Added feedback when delteing multiple builds.
- Support for forcing recaching on the server.
- Support for overriding build script parameters on queued builds.
- Support for overriding build script parameters on triggers.
- Added range paramters when listing log entries to limit the result data.
- Removed the need for TfsBuildLab when using the restricted paths policy.
- New custom build task to use overloaded parameters (LoadOverriddenProperty)
Many of these issues are handled in the upcoming TFS release, but they wanted to have a good implementation until then and was also aiming to be as forward-compatible as possible.