VSTS for DB Professionals SR1 Power Tools is now available on MS
The Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals Power Tools is a set of enhancements and tools that compliment and improve the user experience of Team Edition for Database ProfessionalsThis release includes 5 new refactoring types, a new dependency viewer, additional data generators and editors, 2 new MSBuild tasks for Schema and Data Compare as well as the introduction of the TSQL Static Code Analysis feature
TSQL Static Code Analysis
- Static Code Analysis - A precursor to the functionality that will be in future versions of VSTS that will allow you to perform Static Code Analysis on T-SQL code.
- “Move Schema” Refactoring - Allows a user to right click on an object and move it to a different but existing schema
- SP Rename Generation - Generate a new script that will contain sp_renames for all rename refactored objects that the user can then execute.
- Wildcard Expansion - Automatically expand the wildcard in a select to the appropriate columns.
- Fully-Qualified Name Support - Automatically inject fully-qualified names when absent in a script
- Refactoring extended to Dataset - Refactor into strongly typed dataset definitions
- Data / Schema Compare Build Tasks - MSBuild tasks that can generate scripts as if the user had run the Data / Schema compare UI
- API Access to Schema View - Insert / Update / Delete to schema View and list schema objects and their associated files
Dependency Tool Window
- Dependency Tree - Show the dependencies ( incoming / outgoing ) for selected schema objects in a new tool window
- Script Preprocessor - Expand SQLCMD variables and include files and command line version (sqlspp.exe) & an MSBuild version ( wraps the command line version )